Motiva breast implants are the latest medical device available in the US, Europe, and some Asian countries. The implant is carefully designed at Establishment Labs and they are committed to rigorous manufacturing practices complied with US and European standards.
Years of breast implant research and development created a product line that meets the needs of even the most discerning patients and surgeons. They are also designed for patient safety through the use of innovative and patented technologies.
What Are Motiva Breast Implants?
Motiva Implants® are made up of a silicone-based elastomer shell that are filled with silicone gel. There are different gel options that can be filled inside the implants. These different gel options combined with a host of other characteristics will give the surgeon a wide variety of implants to choose from in order to achieve the exact outcome the patient desire.
In fact, the implants are designed with changes to the physical characteristics of the shell and the gel, as well as the option of a radiofrequency micro-transponder.
Types of Motiva Implants®
The gel used to fill the implant affects how the implant look and feel after placement in the breasts. Motiva Implants® are available in two different silicone gels in the market today which allow the patient and the surgeon to begin planning which suitable implant is best suitable for the patient.
The first type is a round-shaped implant with a relatively firm and stable gel inside which is known as Progressive Gel PLUS™. While the other one is Ergonomix™ implants which has softer and more flowing gel inside. This one is called Progressive Gel Ultima™. The Ergonomix™ implants is designed to replicate a round-shaped or teardrop implant without the risk of rotation.
Below are some information about the various properties and features of Motiva Implants®:
- ProgressiveGel Plus™ – the round Motiva Implants® shell is filled with the ProgressiveGel Plus™, and were designed to give a round aesthetic appearance providing the highest projection and a complete filling of the upper pole of the breast. It has balanced gel elasticity, firmness and lower-pole fullness to have a younger active look.
- ProgressiveGel Ultima™ – a gel used inside the Ergonomix™ implants which is designed to allow a more anatomic shape and softest feel. It has elastic and soft gel that adapts to the natural breast shape to achieve the most natural look and feel.
SilkSurface™ – it is a uniform shell surface developed through 3D nanotechnology imprinting. It is manufactured with no foreign materials such as salt or sugar crystals. It is used as an outer surface of the shell designed to optimize biocompatibility and minimize tissue reactivity. Also, it minimizes the attachment and growth of bacteria (biofilm). It enables implant insertion through smaller incisions. The good thing with this it reduces risk of double capsule and late seroma.
BluSeal® – this unique and patented barrier layer indicator provides a safety feature only present in Motiva Implants®. The presence of a barrier layer minimizes silicone gel diffusion into the body, a feature that has been a standard in the industry for more than 20 years. By keeping gel bleed to the minimum, the makers can significantly reduce the risk of capsular contracture in all Motiva Implants®
With BluSeal® indicator, surgeons can finally verify the presence of this important safety component surrounding the entire implant. This provides 100% assurance of its presence in every Motiva Implants® used. The BluSeal® indicator has complied with the most rigorous quality and safety standards of the American Society of Testing and Materials and ISO.
- TrueMonobloc® – its configuration links all components of the implant to the same tensile strength. This allows the shell to act as a whole structure, making insertion easier and improving the implant mechanical qualities under stress.
- TrueTissue Technology™ (Ergonomix™) – the combination of a specific elastic elastomer shell and the special rheological properties of ProgessiveGel Ultima™, that combine with gravity to shift the maximum point of projection to the lower pole when the patient is in standing position. When the patient lies flat on her back, the implants will react in a similar way to a natural breast and the maximum point of projection will move closer to the middle point of her breast.
Q Inside Safety Technology™ – the world first FDA cleared RFID micro-transponder for use in humans and the only one with a CE-Mark when used in a breast implant. It allows healthcare providers to securely and accurately identify breast implant information from outside of the body, like implants’ size, shape and serial number.
- Divina™ – it is the next generation 3D Scanner and simulation system. It accurately measures patient’s torso & breast volume as it brings the vision of breast augmentation to life for patients. With this, an increased efficiency will be experienced.
- Warranty – All Motiva Implants® are covered by the Always Confident Warranty®. By registering your implants on the MotivaImagine™ app, you get an additional 1 year of their Extended Warranty Program at no cost. Also, with your Qid implants, you can extend the warranty up to 5 years. If your implants have no Qid, you can extend the warranty up to 2 years.
Advantages of Motiva Implants®
Upon testing the Motiva Implants®, there are certain advantages that are said to be effective due to the experiences and trial being made. Below are the advantages of the Motiva Implants®:
- The most adequate range of implant projections to meet patient and surgeons’ expectations.
- TrueMonobloc® shell design for outstanding strength can ease of insertion and durability.
- TrueTissue Dynamics™ add the natural look and feel.
- The Progressive Gel™, ProgressiveGel Plus™, and ProgressiveGel Ultima™ are 100% filled, 100% ultra-soft, and 100% form-stable for optimal shape retention.
- Specialized choice of controlled surfaces for surgeons and patients.
- Q Inside Safety Technology™ enables the traceability of unique information that is to be retrieved externally from the breast implants.
Selecting they type of implant to achieve your desired final look may be one of the most important decisions you make but it’s not only that. Breast enhancement surgery is an artful, personalized procedure, and the patient’s surgeon has different techniques to achieve the outcome the patient wants.
Some important topics you need to discuss with the surgeon are where the incision will be located and how the implant will be placed. These options have their own benefits and considerations to help the patients understand which type of incision and implant placement is fit for them.
- Inframammary – in the fold under your breast
- Periareolar – around the nipple
- Transaxillary – in the armpit
- Subpectoral – under the chest muscle
- Subglandular – beneath the breast tissue
- Dual Plane – partly under the muscle or partly under breast tissue
Breast enhancement is a very common procedure with a high satisfaction rate. However, like all surgeries, there is always a need to discuss the potential risks with the surgeon. Usually, the surgery takes between 1 to 2 hours depending on the patient’s specific type of procedure.
Typically, breast augmentation is an outpatient procedure, which means the patient can return home the same day of her surgery. Surgeons most commonly use general anesthesia for this surgery. But the surgeon may talk to the patient about the possibility of conscious sedation before the procedure starts.
After the surgery, the recovery process depends on the patient’s particular health and other variables. During the first 48 hours, the patient may have an elevated body temperature and swelling. Both of these will return to normal soon.
Motiva breast implants represent the most innovative implants available today. It is the state-of-the-art shell design that results in a strong and durable breast implant. It has exceptional elasticity for ease of insertion and smaller incisions. It is also known for being ultra-soft, form-stable filling gel for optimal shape retention and feel.
Also, Motiva Implants® are considered the most complex and advanced range of implant projections to meet the expectations of both the surgeon and the patient. It has specialized choice of surface texturing, without the use of foreign materials that can damage the implant shell. That’s why Motiva Implants® are the preferred breast implants to be used by the surgeons and patients.