Brands of breast implant in Singapore, Philippines and some Asian countries
Through the years, plastic surgery has been a growing industry among Asian countries. Breast augmentation, in particular, is considered one of the most in-demand plastic surgery operations. As a result, many breast implant brands are looking to capitalize on breast augmentation’s popularity and are making their products available in Asia. Companies are now commercially distributing breast implants in Singapore, Philippines, Thailand, South Korea, and other Asian Countries.
If you are interested in undergoing breast augmentation, choosing the right implant might be difficult. When searching for breast implants for your surgery, it is vital to look at the quality of the implant and its features. To help you in your decision making, here’s some of the information you need to know about three of the leading breast implant brands in Asia, Motiva®, MENTOR®, and Natrelle®.
Motiva® Breast Implants
Motiva® is the latest brand of breast implant in the Philippines. Establishment Labs, with 30 years of experience in breast implant manufacturing, developed Motiva®, the 6th Generation breast implants, which is known for its safety and aesthetic quality. It is cleared for commercial distribution in over 60 countries worldwide, including Japan, Singapore, South Korea, and more. Recently, Motiva® has sold one million breast implants worldwide.
Motiva® Breast Implants are available in two types, Round Implants and Ergonomix™ Implants.
These two implants use different types of silicone gel. Motiva Round Implant® is filled with a firm, stable gel known as ProgressiveGel Plus™, which gives a round aesthetic appearance, providing the highest projection and a complete filling of the upper pole of the breast. This implant has balanced gel elasticity, firmness, and upper-pole fullness, resulting in a younger active look.
On the other hand, Motiva® Ergonomix™ uses ProgressiveGel Ultima™, which is designed for a more anatomic shape and softer feel. This elastic gel has the ideal balance of viscosity (how it flows along with movement), cohesivity (how well the gel stays intact without breaking up), elasticity (how well is returns to its original state after being stretched), and viscoelasticity (how flexible and adaptable it is), allowing the implant to mimic the natural movement of breasts. It looks like a round implant when lying down, and it looks like an anatomical implant when standing up.
Furthermore, both Round and Ergonomix™ Implants have the following features:
- SmoothSilk™/SilkSurface™ – the smooth outer surface of the implants, achieved through 3D nanotechnology imprinting. The smooth surface helps minimize the growth and attachment of bacteria. Also, Motiva® does not use materials such as salt and sugar crystals in its production.
- BluSeal® – an indicator helping surgeons verify the presence of a protective layer surrounding the implants, making it easier to detect implant defects such as gel bleed and ruptures. The BluSeal® indicator has complied with the American Society of Testing and Materials and ISO’s rigorous safety standards.
- TrueMonobloc® – allows the implant to be stretched and be easily inserted through a small incision without compromising the surface of the implant, resulting in a smaller scar when healed.
- Q Inside Safety Technology™ – the first RFID microtransponder for use in humans cleared by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), which allows healthcare providers to distinguish implant information even outside the body.
Motiva® is tried and tested. A 6-year prospective study showed less than 1% of cases of implant complications, such as double capsule, late seroma, and BIA-ALCL (Breast Implant-Associated Anaplastic Large Cell Lymphoma), among patients who used Motiva® Breast Implants.
MENTOR® Breast Implants
MENTOR® was founded in 1969 and has been dedicated to producing high-quality breast implants for over 30 years. In 2009, the brand was acquired by Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, becoming a trusted branded among patients and medical professionals.
The brand offers a wide range of silicone and saline breast implants and other related products for breast augmentation and reconstruction surgeries. It uses scientific innovations in design, testing, and safety to improve the quality of their production.
Breast implants by MENTOR® include MENTOR® MemoryGel®, MENTOR® MemoryShape®, and MENTOR® Saline Breast Implants.
- MENTOR® MemoryGel® Breast Implants has a soft, natural feel with increased projection, fullness, and firmness. It comes in two profile options, Moderate Plus and High Profile.
- MENTOR® MemoryShape® Breast Implants use a cohesive gel that results in a smooth and natural silhouette. This implant gives maximum projection to the lower part of the breast, giving a natural breast appearance.
- MENTOR® Saline Breast Implants use a saltwater solution that results in a firmer feel and flexible volume depending on the desired result. It also has three projection options and a smooth shell. It comes in two different types, Round Saline Breast Implants and SPECTRUM® Adjustable Saline Breast Implants.
All materials used in manufacturing MENTOR® Breast Implants are approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). The brand continues to closely monitor its products’ clinical performance through clinical studies, registries, and post-market surveillance activities.
Natrelle® Breast Implants
Natrelle® is a product of Allergan, one of the largest manufacturers of available breast implant in Singapore, Philippines, and other Asian countries. It has a wide range of silicone and saline breast implants that are available not only in Asia but in more than 60 countries worldwide. In 2015, Allergan, along with Natrelle®, was acquired by the pharmaceutical company Actavis Generics.
Natrelle INSPIRA® Breast Implants are filled with a gummy gel (cohesive gel), which gives varying levels of softness. The gummy-like consistency of the silicone gel holds the implant’s shape. Natrelle INSPIRA® comes in 3 different gummy gels, with varied shapes and softness. While, Natrelle® Saline-Filled Breast Implants are filled with saline solution, instead of their gummy gel. Both silicone and saline-filled implants offer a wide range in sizes, profiles, and fullness, from low to high.
Natrelle® Breast Implants are considered one of the gummiest (high level of cohesivity)gel implants in the US. When cut, Natrelle INSPIRA®’s cohesive gel stays in place. Their implants are also protected by a state-of-the-art breast implant shell that is designed to keep the gel inside.
Motiva®, MENTOR®, and Natrelle® are only some of the leading brands of breast implant in Asia. When choosing the right implants, don’t look at the brand’s aesthetic quality alone, but also look into their safety. You can read prospective studies of breast implant brands or look at online forums of other women who used them in their breast augmentation surgery. Make sure you are well-informed for a worry-free operation.